Method to dump OBJECT CACHE files on Source and Target.
To dump the object cache on source or target:
1. first stop and start the related process (capture, or reader or post)
2. Go to vardir/state on source or target and choose the object cache file for related process and actid
ls -lt *objcache*ocap*
ls -lt *objcache*opst*
3. Save the name and path for the object cache of the related process and actid, each activation generates one object cache with dot and actid at the end of the file name. *conf* is the one generated right after activation, *ocap* is for capture, *ord* is for reader and *opst* is for post object cache.
Dump out the object cache to the file <procedure below>
1. Go to prod dir/util on source or target
2. Run ./dumpfile -o (for output) <path/filename you wish to call> will default to current directory if just list name
./dumpfile -o /tmp/objcache.out
this will create an output file called objcache.out in the /tmp directory
3. You'll see a screen prompt like below to choose one of the option (4) to dump the object cache
4. You will be prompted to Enter input file name which is the full path and the related object cache file name
For example to dump the source capture object cache file for actid 87
5. The next prompt will ask you to choose below
choose 1 to dump the entire cache for all tables or choose 2 to dump for one particular source object id.
6. Check the output file for table structure information and key information SharePlex stores for replicated objects.
This helps to find out if there is any discrepancy between the actual table structure and the SharePlex internal object cache information.