Error received at the registration prompt at the end of LiteSpeed installation, loading in the correct permanent license key:
"Registration Failed" or "Invalid registration key. "
Not able to proceed to use Litespeed functionality unless using a trial key or running DEMO mode. When LiteSpeed extended stored procedures are ran, the engine determines if the license is valid.
User must have write access to certain portions of the registry:
The license key entered may not have trailing spaces or carriage return characters at the end of the registration key. It must be a valid license key.
1. Save the text file attachment from Licensing to a local drive.
2. Click "Load Registration Key from File" in the Licensing Module of LiteSpeed.
3. Use the Browse button to locat the text file containing the license key.
1. Uninstall and reinstall LiteSpeed for SQL Server, using a user account that is a sysadmin on the local box with Full Permissions to the registry and SQL Server Logon Service.
2. To verify that the registration is accurate and successful, in Query Analyzer, run the following query:
The Registration Name in the output should display the correct name.
3. Initiate a backup using the LiteSpeed Enterprise Console and verify that backup is successfully completed.