There are different versions of LiteSpeed installation files, for example LiteSpeed for 32 bit, LiteSpeed for 64 bit. How to determine which package was used to on a particular computer.
1. Select Start | Run | Type Regedit.
2. Navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products.
3. Right-click and select Find, then type LiteSpeed*.*.
4. From this level forward, there is no specific path to find the value, it is based on each installation, for example:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\5D335F2B09563BB4FAE24C9118AEA050\SourceList. The 5D335F2B09563BB4FAE24C9118AEA050 varies from each host, this is why we need to search for LiteSpeed*.*.
5. Select SourceList and on the right-hand side will be the value for the LiteSpeed package used during installation in the field PackageName:
LiteSpeed.msi - a 32 bit installation package, should be installed on SQL Server 32bit, regardless the bit level of Operating System.
LiteSpeed-IA64.msi - the 64-bit level installation package, should be installed when using SQL Server 64-bit on Itanium computers.
LiteSpeed-x64.msi - the 64-bit level installation package, should be installed when using SQL Server 64-bit level on non-Itanium computers.