1) There are several known cases where hit content replays incorrectly:
* Site uses "frame busting" code or nested frames.
* Site makes heavy use of popup windows.
* Site uses complex embedded objects or DHTML.
* Site uses browser-detection code (playback in different browser).
2) Log in via SSH: ssh -l xaffire [myappliance] or putty on windows. Check the server debug log for errors:
less -f ship/server/server/default/log/server.log
At midnight, the server renames server.log by postpending the current date, and starts a new file. To see server activity in the past, look at one of the older server.log files.
This can be caused by an error in the servers content rewriter.
3) Try changing the advanced user settings for playback.
a) Run the web console http://[myappliance]:7630/console
and log in normally.
b) Enter this URL to access the advanced settings: http://localhost:7630/console/jsp/userprofile.faces?advanced.
c) Experiment to see if the following options improve playback: -- Strict HTML Processing Enabled -- Alternate Playback with User Input FORM Matching Enabled.
4) Turn on archiver batch debugging:
...and change this line:
When this file is saved, the archiver will automatically redeploy and pick up the new configuration. Batch files will be created in this directory:
Capture some hits and inspect the batch files. If the hit data appears garbled, then this points to an interceptor problem. Contact Support
; for additional assistance.