After a patch job runs multiple machines under the show all link of the patch schedule are showing the status of "downloading". This article also provides an explanation of patch download configuration section and how each of its options work.
1. Verify that Signature Status and Patch Files Status are showing updated
2. Check that Patch download configuration is set as “All subscribed files” or “File detected as missing” and not as Disabled.
3. Check that Signature and File schedule download are enabled (Using none prevent patch signatures to be downloaded)
Note: When setting up patch downloads, timing is important. The appliance activity log is created at 1:30, and maintenance tasks occur between 01:00 and 01:30. Quest recommends that you schedule patch downloads to occur after the log and maintenance tasks are complete, which is about 3:00.
Note: What to take in consideration when using “File Detected as missing” and how it operates along patch schedule download settings.
It's dependent on your Package Download schedule. Under Security > Patch Management > Patch Download Settings, you have options to either:
Additional observations: While it is possible to set it to this, we do not recommend running the package download every 30 minutes. It will dependent on your patch scheduling and your network bandwidth. Every hour or more is the recommended setting for downloading throughout the day. You can also have it download the packages after your signature download as well.
If your schedule is in the 'Downloading' phase, either wait for the next Package Download (based on download schedule), or manually force a package download under Security > Patch Management > Patch Download Settings > Run Now.
4. Check “Blackout download” - Specify a time period during which patch detection signatures cannot be downloaded; the appliance stops patch downloads at the specified time.
5. Ensure on the patch schedule that Detect patch label is the same as the Deploy patch label.
6. Additional recommendations if using “File detected as missing”: Run a Detect only schedule the day before the normal patch schedule is ran, this will allow missing patches to be downloaded to the appliance for deployment.
If having issues with patches in downloading status after following the recommendations listed above, proceed downloading KACE SMA logs (Settings > Support > Retrieve Appliance Activity Logs - Under troubleshooting tools) and contact KACE Support for further assistance.