The steps below will address both of these issues.
Steps to follow:
- Stop the ‘Desktop Authority Opsmaster Service’ on the DA server
- On DA Server: go to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Quest\Desktop Authority\Desktop Authority Manager\OpsMasterService
- Check size and file count ofTLFileRepository folder
- Rename ETLFileRepository (you’ll end up deleting this later, but we need to rename it for now)
- On DA server: Open C:\Program Files (x86)\Quest\Desktop Authority\Desktop Authority Manager\ETL.ini
- Check each path shown in this file and make sure that there are not old files (greater than one day) in the sletl$ folders. If there are old files there, delete them.
- Start the opsmaster service, then the files in the sletl$ folders will get moved to the new etlfilerepository folder for processing
- Once things are moving again, run this command RMDIR ETLOLD /S /Q to delete the old ETLFileRepository folder. You may want to do this after hours because it will take up some cpu and time
Within 24-48 hours you should see the Registration screen showing a more accurate count of licenses.
Please note that on DA 10.0 and below, server paths could be located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell or C:\Program Files (x86)\Scriptlogic