To place an Android phone in “Developer Mode”:
- Open Settings -> About Phone (or Tablet) -> Software info
- Scroll down to the “Build number” field and tap it 7 times
- After the 7th tap, you will see a message indicating that developer mode has been enabled.
To capture the debug log:
- Make sure your phone is in "Developer Mode".
- Perform the command or action that is causing your support issue
- Open Settings -> Developer options
- Tap “Create bug report”, then choose either “Interactive report” or “Full report” then tap “Report”
- Creating the report generally takes several minutes. When it is complete, check your notifications (swipe down from the top of the screen) and look for a “Bug report captured” notification.
- Touch the notification to share the report. Select your email app and attach the report to an email to send in to support along with any other relevant details of the issue.