How to install the Solaris Agent
To install an agent, complete the following steps:
1. Log in to the target computer under the root account. If you log in via telnet, log in using a normal account and then use the su command.
2. Copy one of the following agent installation files to a local folder on the target computer:
" adcscm.solaris_intel.pkg " for a computer running on the Intel platform
" adcscm.solaris_sparc.pkg " for a computer running on the Sparc platform
3. Run the following command: pkgadd -d Path
Replace Path with the full path to the agent installation file you copied in Step 2.
4. The system will prompt you for the package to install:
The following packages are available:
1 ADCAgent Quest InTrust Agent (i386.i86pc) 8.0.229.01
Select package(s) you wish to process (or 'all' to process all packages). (default: all) [?,??,q]: 1
5. Select the Quest InTrust Agent.
You will be prompted to supply the path to the directory where the agent will be installed:
Enter path to package base directory [?,q]
6. Enter the installation path.
Then the following prompt will be displayed:
This package contains scripts which will be executed with superuser permission during the process of installing this package.
Do you want to continue with the installation of <ADCAgent> [y,n,?]
Enter Y to start the installation.
After the process is completed, the following message will be displayed: Installation of <ADCAgent> was successful.