Error received after upgrading InTrust:
"Cannot install the agent on 'servername.com' because of an error. Error text: ADC Error: Empty security configuration data (0x8adc301a)" found in the InTrust log when deploying agents.
"Error 0x00006669: Cannot save configuration changes. Reason: 0x80004005: ADC Error: Empty security configuration data (0x8adc301a)" found when trying to change the agent connection password in ("Quest InTrust Manager" | "InTrust Servers" | Right-click on server and select "Properties" | Select the "Agent" tab | "Password:" and "Confirm password:" fields.)
This is an intermittent failure from some upgrades but can also occur at random.
On each Intrust Server in the organization do the following:
1. Open a command prompt and browse to the following directory "C:\program files\Quest Software\InTrust\Server\ADC\SupportTools".
2. Run 'adcsecadm.exe -init 512'.
3. Run 'adcsecadm.exe -cu newcomer srpserver PASSWORD' where PASSWORD is the password that you want to use for intial communication with agents (Intrust organization password is usually good, but this can be anything you specify).
4. Run 'adcsecadm.exe -ag Agents'.
(Any possible warnings can safely be ignored, for example 'user already exists', as long as the commands execute.)
5. Restart the Quest Intrust Server service and all dependant services.