Obtenir une aide instantanée
Quest® vRanger®: at a glance
vRanger provides a simple, fast, and scalable data- protection solution that deploys seamlessly into virtual environments. vRanger provides high-speed backup and recovery of VMware®, Hyper-V®, and physical Windows Server® environments. It also provides high-speed replication for VMware. It protects entire virtual environments in minutes, detecting and backing up new virtual machines (VMs) automatically, and delivers safe, scalable data protection to even the largest VMware and Hyper-V environments. With vRanger, you can locate and restore individual files in seconds — even if they are buried in virtual and physical backups — from a single, intuitive interface.
vRanger supports enterprise deduplication and delivers disk-to-disk backup with Quest® QoreStor™, Quest® DR Series System appliances, EMC® Data Domain®, and Quest® NetVault™ SmartDisk to reduce backup storage costs and improve backup time with client-side deduplication.
vRanger scales with your virtual environment by maximizing resources through distributed processing, while simplifying management with central command and control.
• Exploits VMware vSphere® performance and scalability enhancements.
• Provides high-speed, resource-efficient backup, replication, and recovery of VMware® and Hyper-V® VM images.
• Delivers maximum storage savings when paired with Quest® QoreStor™, Quest® DR Series System appliances, EMC® Data Domain®, and Quest® NetVault™ SmartDisk
Major feature list
vRanger backs up and recovers physical environments with blazing speed, a minimum of backup storage, and can restore Windows servers and even individual files and folders. With vRanger, you get comprehensive protection for both your virtual and physical environments that you can manage from one simple interface.
• VMware® Ready™ Certified for vSphere®: Exploits the latest in vSphere 6.7 performance and scalability improvements.
• VMware vSphere / ESXi / vCloud , Virtual Volumes, Storage Profiles, and DRS cluster support – Provides a wide range of backup and recovery and disaster recovery (DR) capabilities for VMware virtual infrastructures.
• Microsoft Hyper-V 2019: Protect the latest Hyper-V versions.
• Virtual appliance (VA) architecture: Through centralized and wizard-driven deployment and administration from the vRanger server, delivers scalable and cost-effective distributed data handling and throughput through VAs.
• Disk-to-disk backup and deduplication: Supports Quest DR Series system Rapid Data Access (RDA) for optimized client-side deduplication and replication.
• EMC® Data Domain® (DD Boost™) support: Supports distributed deduplication with EMC Data Domain appliances using the DD Boost API.
• Disk-to-disk backup and deduplication: Offers a Quest NetVault SmartDisk - vRanger Edition add on for enterprise-class deduplication that reduces backup storage footprints by up to 90 percent.
• VMware HotAdd support: Performs LAN-free backups with vRanger installed inside a VM and from the vRanger VA. Additionally, HotAdd accelerates network backups of ESXi.
• Patented Active Block Mapping (ABM): Eliminates inactive and white space blocks from protected Windows VMs to speed backup, replication, and recovery jobs as well as reduce network and storage requirements.
• Change block tracking (CBT): Eliminates the time required to scan for changed blocks in guest images on vSphere hypervisor systems to improve the speed of backup and replication jobs.
• Instant file-level restore (FLR) for Windows and Linux®: Lets you restore a single file from a backup image in the repository through a one-step process.
• Patented native, full catalog capability: Provides a native, full catalog of every image in the backup repository, enabling immediate identification of available recovery positions, with one-click restore. Wildcard scanning feature locates backup repository files to be restored.
• One-step catalog recovery: Provides advanced search (including wildcards) and right-click recovery selection directly from the management console to speed restore of VMs, savepoints and hosts with native catalog.
• Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)-256: Secures protected images block-by-block on the VMware host as they are read so they are also secure over the network and in the backup repository.
• Full, incremental, and differential backup: Enables a complete backup cycle for protected images that is optimized for speed and resource efficiency.
• Full and incremental replication: Provides the full range of options required to replicate VMware VMs over LANs and WANs efficiently.
• Replication: Offers on and off-site options for flexible, reliable disaster recovery.
• Supports backup and replication of encrypted VMware vSphere VMs: Provides the full range of options required to backup, restore, replicate, failover, and failback encrypted virtual machines.
• Physical Windows Server® support: Supports backup and recovery of Windows physical servers, files, and folders.
• Synthetic recovery: Delivers single-pass restore, reading each required block only one time from multiple full, incremental, and differential backup images in the repository for the fastest, most efficient results.
• VMware vSphere® vMotion® and Storage vMotion® support: vSphere vMotion support ensures vRanger automatically protects VMware VMs as they move from one host to another, even when backup jobs are running. It also ensures vRanger follows VM storage disks when they are relocated to different data stores; locks VM storage disks when vRanger accesses the disks during a job.
• Agent-less job execution, patent-pending: Uses binary injection at run time on VMware ESXi hosts; eliminates burdens of license tracking and maintenance upgrades.
• Advanced savepoint management: Lets you manage and use multiple point-in-time copies of backup and replica images for precise image, file, and object restores.
• Dynamic resource management: Optimizes real-time use of critical resources; ensures efficiency and that jobs complete faster without exceeding resource capacity.
• Job multi-streaming: Lets you run multiple backup, restore, and replication jobs simultaneously for dramatic improvement in performance times.
• Direct-to-target (D2T) architecture: Distributes job execution and movement of data with optimal efficiency to improve data protection and ensure seamless scalability.
• FIPS-compatible: Address government data security requirements with vRanger Crypto Module, compatible with FIPS 140-2 Level.
• Inline data validation: Tests integrity of captured data on the source block-by-block as it is read; ensures image recovery from the backup repository and replica-image usability.
• Remote management: Lets you manage data protection jobs through a central console over LAN and WAN connections for control of all systems and sites in an environment.
• PowerShell® access: Automate scripts for protection jobs, reducing administrative burdens and human error.
This guide is intended for backup administrators and other technical personnel who are responsible for designing and implementing a backup strategy for the organization. A good understanding of the operating system (OS) on which vRanger is running is assumed.
© 2023 Quest Software Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Feedback Conditions d’utilisation Confidentialité Cookie Preference Center