Data Structure: properties
Name: "My Visualisation"
node_name: "My Visualisation"
Before you begin your new project you should take some time to setup an environment where you can easier develop and debug your code. This will allow you to be able to view and insert breakpoints into source code through your browser’s debugging window during development, it will also ensure that any saved changes made are reflected in the browser by a simple refresh.
Set Evolve Debug Mode
1. Load Evolve designer and open the model & site you’re currently using. Expand down to the Deployments node and select your machine name.
3. Specify the path of the server where the debug files are located
Connect Debug Folders in IIS
This assumes a default Evolve installation, if you have made changes to the install location and IIS settings for Evolve please adapt the steps to your installation.
1. Open Internet Information Services (IIS) manager from your windows programs
2. Expand ‘Sites’, right click on ‘Default Web Site’ and select ‘Add Virtual Directory�’
•Set the ‘Alias’ to Libs-Debug
•Set the ‘Physical path’ to C:\Casewise\evolve\Site\bin\webDesigner
•Set the ‘Connect as�’ to Application User (pass-through authentication)
•Test your settings to make sure they’re correct
3. Repeat step 2 using the following:
•Set the Alias to Libs-Debug-External
•Set the Physical path to C:\Casewise\evolve\Site\bin\webDesigner
•Grant the ‘Users’ group the following permissions on the C:\Casewise\evolve\Site folder
In the event you have issues setting up or using your Evolve Sites, please refer to the information here to attempt to resolve any problems before contacting the erwin Support Team.
Users cannot log on using Internet Explorer - screen just refreshes
Check that the server name (http://<server-name>/<evolve-IIS-site-name>) does not include any underscores.
There is an issue with Internet Explorer which results in this behavior if there is an underscore in the server name.
Either change the server name, stop using Internet Explorer, or access the Evolve Sites using the server IP address.
Unable to use Text Editor in Internet Explorer 11 or Evolve
It may be that the font setting is not enabled in Internet Explorer 11.
To enable the setting, please see: Enable Enhanced Multi-line Text Editor for Internet Explorer
A Shape based on a Style taken from an older version of Corporate Modeler only displays in black in HTML5 Diagrams
Open the Style in Model Explorer or from the Corporate Modeler Palette Entries and Save the Style. Publish the change to your Dynamic or Static Site. The Style will display correctly.
Users cannot create Diagrams in eModeler
If Users are unable to create Diagrams, it is likely that an Index Page has been used. Open Evolve Designer and check whether the Dynamic Template Configuration was created using an Index Page or an Object Page.
The following table details the benefits associated with each Page Type:
Once in Evolve Designer, adjust the Dynamic Template Configuration to use an Object Page Type instead.
Need to clean duplicate associations
Duplicate associations do not usually cause issues, and are not a regular occurance. In fact for Evolve Workflows, they are necessary to support workflow history data. But occasionally, they can be a problem and need tidying. Validate Repository has a fix mode which can assist in this process, but should be used with care, hence its semi-hidden status. To enable the fix mode, please contact support for details
Use the table below to understand any error messages you may encounter:
Upgrade for grid failed because of the intersection node is missing inside the page <attribute_associations> on node Table (Complex) which is a cwWebDesignerTreeNodeBehaviourKendoGrid
This happens when the Intersection Grid option is selected in a Table (Complex) behavior, but there is no intersection node for the table.
To resolve this error, use the Selected Properties to add the properties.
Font Size Too Big on Diagrams
To change the palette version the user needs to be able to run SQL management studio .
1. Open SQL Management studio select the model and expand the tables
2. Select the diagram table and chose edit top 200 rows
3. Change to the SQL view and replace the text with:
SELECT TOP (200) MODEL_NAME, DI_ID, ANO_ID, ANO_TABNR, DI_NAME, DI_SYMBOLS, DI_TEMPLATE, DI_TITLE
WHERE (DI_ID = 2) AND (MODEL_NAME = 'CWFREX09')
Replace DI_ID with your diagram ID and replace CWFREX09 with the correct model file name
NOTE: This must be upper case , if upgrading all diagrams, omit DI_ID and change (200) depending on how many models you require
4. In the DI_SYMBOLS column click inside the cell to edit the palette XML.
5. Set the element <OriginalVersion OriginalVersion='2'> to <OriginalVersion OriginalVersion='4'>
6. Close SQL Management studio when complete.
7. When all of these have been changed using one of the CM applications (Corporate Modeler, Model Explorer or Object Explorer) the font size in styles that are referenced in the palette are reduced by 20%. Open every object on the palette, go to its style (if it has one) and reduce the font to the nearest whole number that is 20% smaller (e.g a 10pt font becomes an 8pt font).
© 2021 Quest Software Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Feedback Conditions d’utilisation Confidentialité