Note: For users with a Cartridge Developer role
Please do the following steps in chronological order:
Please follow this solution to create a new module and move all the Dashboards and Reports to that module.
Organizing dashboards with custom module folders SOL259945
NOTE: The service import will not create objects that do not exist on the new FMS (Foglight Management Server). The contained objects must be present on the destination FMS. The Parent service will be created but the child components will not if they were not already present on the target FMS.
These are all the elements that can be exported and imported using Cartridge Builder:
In order to export and import go to Navigation panel │Development Tools │ Cartridge Builder
1. Click on "Create" button and give the cartridge a name.
2. Choose the right hand option "Edit Components"
3. Click on "Add Elements" and "add WCF Modules"
Note: You can also use "add Rules" to export.
4. In this example "My custom dashboards" module was previously
created and all the elements to be exported were moved to that module.
Click on "addToCatridge" button
5. Click on "Generate CAR File" and click "Create"
6. After the cartridge was generated, click on "Save File"
1. Go to Navigation panel │Administration │ Cartridges │ Cartridge Inventory
Click on "Install Cartridge", Browse the cartridge and click "Install Cartridge"
2. Log out and log back in to Foglight, and verify that the module was imported with the dashboards and reports.
Note: Using Cartridge Builder, one can create a cartridge and add all the rules, registry variables and dashboards, then add a sub cartridge dependency which will include the deployable custom cartridge for agent creation. So after installed on the new Foglight instance, the cartridge will have a set of two dependable cartridges which will need to be enabled. In order to this task, please check under cartridge builder the option "Add Dependency" in order to add the custom sub-cartridge.