The Spotlight on Oracle .MSI Installer can be run silently, and produce an installation that can be captured and re-used via automatic deployment techniques. MSI installers cannot be used in conjunction with the Spotlight on Oracle Installer.
What’s new in this version
• Monitoring Oracle databases on your mobile device: Use Spotlight Mobile to monitor Oracle databases on your mobile device. (Not available for Oracle 9i.)
Spotlight Mobile includes a heat map. The Heat Map is a visual display that organizes connections based on the comparative number and severity of their alarms.
Spotlight Mobile is able to raise the following alarms. These alarms are not configurable.
• Buffer Busy Waits
• CPU Usage
• Free Buffer Waits
• Latch Waits
• Lock Waits
• Log Buffer Space Waits
• Parse Wait Time
• Average Redo Log Write Time
• Datafile Random Read Avg Time
• Temporary IO Wait Time
• Unarchived Log
• Cannot create new connection
• Not currently connected to database
• Spotlight Diagnostic Server: The Spotlight Diagnostic Server can now be installed on a remote computer from the Spotlight on Oracle client. The Spotlight Diagnostic Server collects Spotlight data in real time, setup of this service is required for data to be sent to your mobile device and Spotlight Essentials.
• Spotlight home page improvements: Minor changes to improve the visibility of service information on the Spotlight Home Pages including the visibility of Oracle 12c container and pluggable database information.
• Chart navigation improvements: Navigation points have been added to the Activity drilldown Summary and Waits pages to help diagnose issues better.
• Exadata connection improvements: The process of connecting to Exadata systems has been improved with better flow and more comprehensive documentation.