During ChangeAuditor Agent installation the following message may be experienced while running the installer:
"Cannot create group account (domain_name). Please check if domain Controller is available and retry."
"Cannot add user (domain\user_name) to group (ChangeAuditor Agents - INSTALL_NAME). Please check if domain controller is available and retry."
The installer allows the user to 'Ignore' the warning and complete the installation.
Checking to see if Domain Controllers are available may expose no obvious issues. LDAP and GC ports may be available and network communication appears to be fine between the Workgroup machine and the forest.
Once the ChangeAuditor Agent is running the following warnings are reported in the ChangeAuditor.dll.nptlog and the Agent is never able to negotiate a connection with the Coordinator(s):
1. "DsGetDcName failed (domain_name): The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted.(0x0000054b)"
2. "WCF Failure: errorCode=0x803d000a"
3. "There was an error communicating with the endpoint at 'net.tcp://Server1.domain_name.com:61263/Agent/v1'."
4 "The NegotiateStream framing upgrade failed."
5. "Security verification was not successful for the received data."
6. "NegotiateStream authentication failed."
7. "No authority could be contacted for authentication."
8. "Unable to create security context for SPN 'host/server1.domain_name.com'."
9. "Security verification was not successful for the received data."
10. "No authority could be contacted for authentication."
You need to be signed in and under a current maintenance contract to view premium knowledge articles.