This application has encountered an unexpected problem accessing the SQL database. Technical Details: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion or the server is not responding.
The BT_Log2 table exceeded in size, this usually happens if you have profiles logging set to High
DirSync timeout error message is displayed.
Truncate / Remove / Purge the log from BT_Log2 table in SQL
1. Open SQL Management Studio
2. Right click on the database - select New Query
3. Type the following within the New Query Editor window: Select * from BT_Log2 ( this will show you the logs within the table)
4. To Truncate erase the previous query and type: Truncate table BT_log2 and hit Execute( or F5). This will delete the contents within the table
5. Close out of DirSync
6. Restart the Binary Tree DirSync service
Binary Tree recommends the logs be set to clear automatically to prevent the accumulated data from becoming too large.
1. Open the DirSync Log Viewer
2. Click the Clear button
3. Select a number and time unit (Weeks, Days, or Hours) from the drop-down list to clear the log of older entries
4. Check "Clear log automatically"
5. Click OK
Optional Additional Configuration
In cases where a large number of group membership sync's are occurring (over 10,000) the sync report initialization can be disabled.
This will not prevent the sync report from being populated, this will configure Dirsync to update the reporting during the sync and not attempt to collated the sync data from existing logs prior to the sync running.
To update Dirsync for this configuration the BinaryTree.DirSync.Exchange.exe.Config file can be updated in a text file editor with the below line added to the <appSettings> section.
This file is typically located in the C:\Program Files\Binary Tree\DirSync folder but may vary depending on the install path used.
Note: do not remove any existing configuration items from the appSettings, this should be added as the last line item for the section.
<add key="DisableSyncReportInitialization" value="true"/>