The user has made the BMF 5.0 Agent a service using Knowledge Base solution 23372 but the agent will not connect to Benchmark Factory. The agent is on a different server than the Benchmark Factory console and database, and the user has configured the Agent Service to run under the account, the user configured the agent with before making it a service.
Currently the agent shows it is running as service in system, but there is no GUI and there is no tray icon.
The agent stores connection information in a different location when running the agent as a service. May need to re-enter the connection information in order to connect to the console. After starting the agent as a service, the agent should be running on the desktop.
1. Open the agent and go to Options Settings.
2. Take note of the current setting for Machine name/IP and change the setting to have the Machine name/IP point to the console machine.
3. Click OK
1. Open up the service window under Control panel | Administrative tools | double click on Services.
2. Right click on the Benchmark Factory Agent on the list and choose properties.
3. On the Properties page choose the Log On tab and make sure the "Allow service to interact with desktop" option is checked
4. Click OK and restart agent service in the Services window.
The Agent should be started, and visible.
When looking at the machine through a remote desktop connection, if using a 2003 OS to connect remote users to their own console (different then XP and 2000), the agent service starts the GUI on the main console and is hidden from view. Once the service is configured to connect to the BMF console, there is no need to view the GUI to run tests.