Following are the steps for reducing a load on SQL Server and ApexSQL Audit processes:
1. Log in to the central server and the audited servers
2. Start the Services app and the Task Manager on both the central server and machine(s) running audited servers
3. Firstly, stop the Server side components host service on both audited servers and end any ApexSQL Audit process that is running from the Task Manager. We are also stopping the WEB instance to prevent more files from piling up.
4. After that, repeat step 3 for the central server as well
5. Rename the Packages folder (for example Packages_Backup) on all instances of the audited server. Perform this action on WEB as well.
6. Do the same for the ReceivedPackages folder on the central server
7. Start the server side components service on the central server
8. Do the same on all audited servers
A bit more context regarding number 5. and 6. - This is much faster than manually copying and deleting files. New folders will be created when the Server side components service is started again, and the "old ones" will not be targeted automatically.
This will enable us to move piled files in reasonable batches.
For any clarification and or any questions per this process, please open support ticket and we will be more than happy to assist.