This may change based on your platform and version.
This can be found under the DR series - Download Software - Upgrade File.
IMPORTANT note about Prior Versions —
Your DR Series system must already be running a 3.x release version to upgrade to 4.0. If you are still
running 1.x or 2.x DR Series releases, please update to 3.x before moving to this 4.0 release. (Only units
shipped from the factory in 2012-2014 could be still running this older code.)
• NetVault Backup Versions — You can use NetVault Backup 10.0.5, 11.0, or 11.1 with this DR Series code
release. If you need the latest RDA fixes, you should use NetVault Backup 11.1 with release 4.0.
NOTE: After installing NetVault Backup 11.1, you can used the integrated RDA plug-in from NVBU or
upgrade to the lasted plugin from 4.0.
• Rapid NFS and Rapid CFS Drivers — If you are running the 3.2 driver for Rapid NFS and Rapid CIFS, we
recommend that you update it to the 4.0 driver.
• Seeding— If you gathered a seed in version 3.x of the DR Series system software, you must complete your
seed operation before upgrading to version 4.0.
To upgrade the DR Series system software, complete the following:
1. Using the DR Series system GUI, select Support, and click the Software Upgrade link (or select Support/Software Upgrade).
The Software Upgrade page is displayed.
2. Type the path of the software upgrade file in the Select the upgrade file from local disk (or click Browse..., and navigate to the location where you downloaded the system software upgrade file).
3. Select the software upgrade file, and click Open.
When you initiate a DR Series system software upgrade, the navigation panel displays only the Support page and the Software Upgrade option.
The administrator that initiated the software upgrade (known as the initiator administrator) sees a System Information pane that displays an alert and upgrade status, and the Current Version and Upgrade History versions of the DR Series system software listed in the Software Info pane.
There are only three possible outcomes during a DR Series system software upgrade operation:
Upgrade has completed successfully - no reboot is required.
Upgrade has completed successfully - but a reboot is required (click Reboot in the Software Upgrade page).
Upgrade has failed.
NOTE: If the DR Series system software upgrade operation fails, you can reboot the system and attempt another software upgrade operation using the DR Series system GUI. If this is unsuccessful, you can use the DR Series system CLI system --show command to view the current System State status. DR Series system software upgrades can also be performed using the DR Series system CLI. If both the DR Series system GUI and CLI attempts are unsuccessful, for details, see the Dell DR Series System Command Line Reference Guide.
NOTE: The DR Series system only supports the copying of upgrade images and diagnostics files to and from the system using WinSCP. The DR Series system does not support the copying or deleting of any other file types using WinSCP. To use WinSCP to copy DR Series software upgrade and diagnostics log files, ensure that the File Protocol mode is set to SCP (Secure Copy) mode.
NOTE: You can use other SCP tools with the DR Series system, but you cannot use these other SCP tools to copy other types of files to or from the DR Series system.