The Find search function brings up the Find Text window where you can select the search criteria.
To search with Find
Select Search | Find [Ctrl + F]
The search is refined using the following settings:
- Case sensitive
- Searches for the text in exact case that you enter it.
- Whole word only
- Searches for words only, or in other words, searches for a text string that is preceded and followed by a space or punctuation mark.
- Regular expression
- Specify whether to recognize regular expressions in the search string.
- Searches the entire text pane.
- Selected text
- Searches only the highlighted text.
- Searches from the cursor to the end of the text pane.
- Searches from the cursor to the top of the text pane.
- From cursor
- Searches from the cursor either forward or backward depending on the Direction setting.
- Entire scope
- Searches the entire text pane. If the Direction setting is forward, it starts at the top of the pane. If the Direction setting is backward, it starts at the bottom of the pane.