Zoom in on Charts
The Zoom (applied to the horizontal and vertical axes of the chart) determines the scale.
You can zoom in on a section of a chart using one of the following methods:
Use the magnifying glass
- Click the magnifying glass.
- Move the mouse pointer over the chart. (The pointer changes to a magnifying glass.)
- One of the following:
- Click on the chart. This centers the view on the chosen point and doubles the current zoom factor.
- Click-and-drag the mouse to enclose the area that you want to magnify. The chart zooms to the size of the enclosed rectangle when the mouse button is released.
- To return the chart to its default size, right-click on the chart and select Unzoom.
- To switch temporarily from Zoom mode to Pan mode, hold down the Ctrl key.
- To zoom out, hold down the Shift key while clicking on the chart. This centers the view on the chosen point and halves the current zoom factor.
Use the drop-down menu
- Click the down arrow next to the magnifying glass to open the drop-down menu.
Click a percentage option to zoom the chart horizontally AND vertically by that percentage
Click a time option (where applicable) to zoom the horizontal axis of the chart to the specified time period, while resetting the vertical axis to the default value.
Note: Time options are not available in chart views without a time axis (bar charts, for example).
- You cannot zoom a Pie chart.
- When the chart is zoomed so that not all of a chart can be seen at the one time, the chart also displays scrollbars that allow you to choose the visible portion of the chart. Pan Over Zoomed Charts