QoreStor is a software-defined storage application that provides advanced deduplication and compression technology to store data most efficiently.
QoreStor supports all of the major backup software applications in use today and can lower your backup storage costs to as little as $.16/GB while reducing your total cost of ownership. (For a complete list of supported backup software, see Supported backup applications) .QoreStor achieves these results using patented Rapid technology as well as built-in, variable block-based deduplication and compression.
QoreStor helps you to:
- Reduce your backup storage footprint
- Speed up recovery
- Reduce or eliminate the need for physical tapes for backup
- Optimize network bandwidth by lowering the amount of data sent to disaster recovery sites
- Other benefits include:
- Supports major backup applications for easy deployment.
- Lowers backup storage costs to as little as $.16/GB using deduplication and compression.
- Speeds data ingest by up to 29TB/hr with built-in protocol accelerators.
- Decreases TCO with all-inclusive licensing that includes replication, encryption, protocol accelerators and all future feature releases.
- Enhances data protection with built-in software safeguards (early write verify and continuous data protection).
- Contains built-in AES 256-bit encryption for data in motion or at rest.
- Allows backup to VTL libraries using iSCSI, NDMP, FC protocols.
QoreStor includes the following features:
- Advanced data protection and disaster recover
- Two management interfaces: a command line interface (CLI) or a system graphical user interface (GUI) for the system software to manage storage containers.
- Support for a wide variety of data backup installations and environments.
- A simple installation process that provides full, intuitive remote setup and management capabilities.