To set a Job schedule
Select Set Schedules on the New job dialog. Click Add and review the following for additional information:
Schedule name Select the name you want to assign to the job schedule. Schedule type
Select the type of schedule you would like to create. Additionally, select the Enabled option on the right to enable or disable this schedule. The schedule types are:
- Start automatically when the SQL Server Agent starts - Select this option to have the schedule start automatically when the SQL Server Agent starts.
- Start whenever the CPU becomes idle - Select this option to have the Job Manager use the idle percentage and time set for the SQL Server Agent. For information about setting properties for the SQL Server Agent, see SQL Server Books Online.
This option is useful for scheduling jobs during slow periods on your production server.
- Recurring - Select this option to enter the frequency when the job runs. Recurring is the default selection.
- One time - Select this option to enter a date and time to run the job.
Select how often the schedule is run. The list of occurs are:
- Daily - Run the schedule daily on a specified number of days. This is the default selection.
- Weekly - Run the schedule weekly on a specified number of weeks. Additionally select specific days of the week on which to run the schedule.
- Monthly - Run the schedule monthly on a specified number of months.
Tip: As you enter the daily, weekly, and monthly selections, the resultant summary is displayed in the Description field at the bottom.
Select the scheduled daily run frequency. The daily frequency options are:
- Occurs once at - Set hours, minutes, and seconds within a 24 hour period.
- Occurs every - Set the minutes, beginning, and end time. The default setting is every 15 minutes between 12AM and 11:59:59PM.
Duration Select the scheduled duration start and end dates. Or select no end date. Description Displays the resultant combined schedule parameters that you have entered.
Tip: If you do not add a schedule or if an existing job does not have a schedule, it can be run programmatically or manually.