Copy Maintenance Plans
To set up similar plans, you do not necessarily have to start from scratch. Create a plan and copy it to any server instances where you want the plan to run.
NOTE: Copying and importing plans and subplans between servers may require additional manual steps, if the source and target servers have:
Different SQL Server versions—You may need to review and edit the selected databases list. Back Up Databases Using Maintenance Plans
- Different LiteSpeed versions—Some options may be lost if they are not supported by the previous LiteSpeed version.
Different LiteSpeed versions and different SQL Server versions—Back Up Databases Using Maintenance Plans
- LiteSpeed versions on the source and the target are different, but database lists are the same.
- LiteSpeed version is the same but the database list is different (warning indicates that some databases do not exist).
- LiteSpeed versions and database lists are different.
To copy a maintenance plan
- In the Server tree, right-click a maintenance plan you want to copy and select Copy Maintenance Plan.
- Right-click the instance where you want to paste the plan and select Paste Maintenance Plan.
To copy a subplan
- In the Design pane, select a subplan and click to copy.
- Open a new or existing maintenance plan in the Design pane.
- (Optional) Click on the Design pane toolbar to add a new subplan.
- Select a subplan and click to paste.
To export or import a maintenance plan
- To export a plan, select a maintenance plan you want to export and click the Export Plan button on the toolbar. NOTE: The file extension is .mpp.
- To import a plan, right-click the SQL Server instance from where you want to import the plan and select Import Maintenance Plan.
- Select the .mpp file that relates to the maintenance plan you want to import.
To export or import a subplan
- To export a sublan, in the Design pane select a subplan you want to export and click . NOTE: The file extension is .mps.
- To import a subplan, open a new or existing maintenance plan in the Design pane.
- This step is optional. Click on the Design pane toolbar to add a new subplan.
- Select a subplan and click .
- Select the .mps file that relates to the subplan you want to import.