Installing the Rapid Recovery Agent software on Debian or Ubuntu
The Rapid Recovery Agent .deb file is an archive containing repository information specific to the apt package manager. Complete the following steps to install the Rapid Recovery Agent on Debian or Ubuntu machines for an online installation.
Note: This procedure applies to a Linux machine that is connected to the internet. For offline installation of Rapid Recovery Agent on any Linux machine, see Installing the Agent software on offline Linux machines.
1. Open a terminal session with root (superuser) access, type the following command:
2. Enter super user password. *Note: superuser privileges are only active during current terminal session. Should you close the terminal, re-invoke the “sudo su” command to re-establish required permissions.
3. Determine your present working directory by entering “PWD” (without quotes) and pressing Enter. For example, assume your directory is /home/%username%/.
4. Download the appropriate Rapid Recovery Agent .deb installation file from the License Portal at https://licenseportal.com to your present working directory. *Note: Default directory for downloads is /home/%username%/Downloads/
5. For more information about the license portal, see the Rapid Recovery License Portal User Guide.
6. To establish a persistent connection between your Linux machine and the remote repository in which Rapid Recovery software and components are stored, type the following command:
dpkg -i <.deb installation file you downloaded>
7. For example, if the installer file is named rapidrecovery-repo-18.104.22.1688-debian7-x86_64.deb in the directory /home/rapidrecovery/, type the following command, and then press Enter:
dpkg -i rapidrecovery-repo-22.214.171.1248-debian7-x86_64.deb
8. Any missing packages or files required by the Agent will be downloaded from the remote repository and installed automatically as part of the script.
Note: For more information on dependencies for installing on a Linux machine, see Agent dependencies.
9. Install the Rapid Recovery Agent by invoking the apt package manager, updating the repository manager. Type the following command and then press Enter:
10. Instruct the package manager to install the Rapid Recovery Agent software. Type the following command and then press Enter:
apt-get install rapidrecovery-agent
11. The package manager prepares to install all dependent files. If prompted to confirm installation of unsigned files, enter “y” (without the quotes) and then press Enter:
12. Once the installation completes run the configuration utility as described in KB185069
13. Once configuration is complete enter “0” to exit configuration menu. The Rapid Recovery Agent files are installed and configured.
14. Exit the terminal session and reboot the Debian or Ubuntu machine.
© 2021 Quest Software Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Feedback 이용 약관 개인정보 보호정책