For more information on this topic, please see the DR Series System Administration 4.0 Web-based Training
Within Ranger the DR4000 can be configured as a CIFS share, which communicates on TCP port 445. Therefore port 445 will need to be opened on the firewall between whatever network the DR4000 resides upon and the vRanger Server, vRanger VA, or ESX Console (depending on which transport you decide to utilize for your backups).
The following steps walk through creating a share on the DR4000 to use as a repository for vRanger Backups:
1. Log into your DR4000
2. On the left under Storage, click Containers
3. Above the list of your continers will be option for Create, click on Create.
4. The 'Create New Container' window appears. Here provide your container a name and connection type. Make sure to select NFS/CIFS for the Connection Type, this will open up an additional window. On this window click Enable CIFS on the right and specify which clients that will access to the share.
5. When finished click Create a New Container at the bottom
6. This completes the configuration for the share on the DR4000
The next steps walk you through setting up the repository within vRanger
1. Open up vRanger and on the left click on My Repositories
2. Right click on Windows Share (CIFS) and choose Add > Windows Share (CIFS)
3. Type in the Name, Description, Username, Password and Server path that you would use to connect to the share that you created on the DR4000. (the Server path should be in a \\
4. Click OK to save the settings. If successful you will see the repo listed over on the left under Windows Share (CIFS)
5. If you right click on your newly created repo and click Properties this will bring up a similar windows that will show you the details you entered and the free space available if the connection is successful.
You should now be able to use this newly created share as a repo for vRanger backups. Remember to open up port 445 for CIFS if you choose to use a Virtual Appliance or Console based backups.
© 2021 Quest Software Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Feedback 이용 약관 개인정보 보호정책