What's new in SDA 9.2 (4371087)
What's new in SDA 9.2
KACE Systems Deployments Appliance (SDA) is a virtual appliance designed for fast, automated large-scale image deployments across multiple remote sites.
This release of the KACE SDA includes the following features and enhancements.
More information on new features, known/resolved issues, or installation instructions, please see:
This release of the KACE Systems Deployment Appliance does not include any major features.
It's focused on Quality of Life changes, fixes for defects in past releases, as well as some security improvements.
Feature Highlights of the 9.2 release:
- Open SSL Security Advisory [7th February 2023] now patched by upgrading the FreeBSD Version (12.3-RELEASE-p12). More details here.
- A PowerShell Prompt Option was added to the KBE's Recovery Tools Screen.
- Samba Share and VNC Passwords are now configurable during Initial Setup.
- LDAP setup will now display a warning if plain LDAP is used via port 389. Per security best practices, LDAPS (port 636) should be used.
- A link to status.kace.com is now available in WebUI | Support tab. This website shows the status of our services, and specifies when there is an outage on our end.
- KLicensepinger added as a tool for NETDIAG user. This is used for having the SDA/RSA manually check-in with our License warehouse.
- KACE Media Manager now checks for a minimum of 5GB of free Hard Disk Space before building a new KBE to avoid issues with low disk space remaining.
- The About Page now returns the specific virtualization platform currently in use by the host (VMWare, Hyper-V, Nutanix)
- WebUI Session timeout can now be set to 15 and 30 minutes (Default is 1 hour).
© ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.