Setting up the DR Series system
You can interact with QoreStor using one of the methods below:
- The QoreStor GUI, accessible in a web browser using the URL https://<YourQoreStorServerName>:5233.
- The QoreStor command line interface (CLI). Refer to the QoreStor Command Line Reference Guide for more information.
- The QoreStor configuration menu, which can be accessed via a terminal emulation program using the qsservice credentials. Refer to Configuring QoreStor with the Configuration Menu for more information.
In the system GUI, you can configure your system as well as create and manage containers, which store your backup and deduplicated data. A data container is a shared file system that is imported using a client, and is accessible via file system or tape access protocols. For details, see Supported File System Protocols. The system GUI also provides real-time summary information for monitoring the status of the data capacity, storage savings, and the throughput of your data containers.
Before you can start using QoreStor, ensure that you have satisfied the following networking prerequisites:
- Network: An active network is available using Ethernet cables and connections.
- Replication ports: the replication service in QoreStor requires that enabled fixed ports be configured to support replication operations that are to be performed across firewalls (TCP ports 9904, 9911, 9915, and 9916).
NOTE: For more information about replication ports, see Managing Replication Operations, and for more information about system ports, see the QoreStor Installation Guide.
- Proxy servers: when using a proxy server, some additional configurations are required. Refer to Configurations required when using proxy servers.
If you have configured your QoreStor instance to use one or both of the Linux exports below, the QoreStor Watcher service will not be able to function properly as watcher communications will be sent to the proxy.
To ensure proper operation, you must also include the no_proxy export.
export no_proxy="localhost, 127.0.0.1"
NOTE: In order for these configurations to persist after a system reboot, they must be entered into /etc/environment.
To log on to the QoreStor GUI for the first time, complete the following steps:
- In a supported web browser, enter:
NOTE: The QoreStor Login page may display a warning message if the web browser you are using does not properly support QoreStor. If you are running a Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) web browser, make sure that you disable the Compatibility View. For more information about disabling the Compatibility View settings, see the topic, Disabling the Compatibility View Settings. For more information about supported web browsers, see the System Requirements chapter of the QoreStor Installation Guide.
- In the Username field, type admin, and in the Password field, type St0r@ge! and then click Log in or press <Enter>.
Your logon username is displayed at the top of the page in the right corner.