To enable the SLtrace file:
- Open the Desktop Authority Manager.
- Under Client Configuration | Global Options | User Management Options | Troubleshooting. - Click the “Edit” button.
- Place a check in the "Create a detailed trace file..." box. - Put an asterisk ( * ) in the box below it, and press OK. An asterisk is a wildcard that will enable the trace file on ALL clients. Alternatively you can specify one or more computer or user names separated by semicolons. - Click “Save”- Click "Replicate Changed files"
To locate and review the SLtrace file (on each workstation):
- Log onto the workstation.
- Press START > RUN.
- Type “%TEMP%\Desktop Authority” and press OK.
- Double click the SLtrace.htm file.
Note: The SLtrace file is created in the user’s temp directory (located within the user’s profile) the actual path differs depending on the operating system. Using the %temp% variable shown above is the easiest way to access this location. If you have locked down the workstation so you can't access the RUN command, then you may need to navigate to the user’s temp directory using Windows Explorer. Alternatively, you may remotely connect to the client machine as an Administrator to retrieve this file. When using the Search function of Windows to locate this file, you must search on the exact filename (including the extension) to find it.
If the SLtrace file is not created, then review this KB: SLTrace diagnostic log file is not created on logon
© 2020 Quest Software Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Feedback Conditions d’utilisation Confidentialité