- PSR will do the recording across all your screens at the same time. In order to make the saved screen shots easier to read, ensure only one screen is connected when re-producing the issue (otherwise the screenshot might become hard to read without zooming).
- PSR will work better if it is launched as the Administrator. This allows it to capture information that is already in an elevated mode.
- PSR is setup by default to record 25 screenshots, after this the older screenshots won't be kept.
How to launch and configure PSR
- Type psr.exe in the Windows Search Field then click on psr.exe to run
- On the right side, click on the drop-down arrow
- Select Run As Administrator
- Click Yes to run is as Administrator
- Click on the right Drop-down arrow
- Select Settings
- In the Screen Capture section, change the value from 25 to 99 (maximum available)
- Optional: You can select the Output Location in this windows
- Click OK
To begin recording, simply click the Start Record button.
Additional Comment can be added during recording via the Add Comment button.
Once the steps have been completed, click Stop Record
A window will appear automatically asking for the location to save the file.
A Microsoft KB on Problem Step Recorder is available here.