Please read the installation and configuration guide before using Notes Migrator
Additional information regarding account permissions
Migration Account(s) Permission Requirements
There are two accounts used for the actual migration of data: Exchange migration account and the Lotus Notes ID/account.
Exchange Migration Account:
• Must be a mailbox enabled user object.
• Password should be set to never expire.
• Must be used to log into each of the migration worker machines.
• Is set to have Full Access to Exchange mailboxes during the Provisioning process.
• Must have no throttling or session limits in the Exchange environment.
Lotus Notes Migration ID/account:
• Must have Manager Access to all mail files being migrated.
• Must be configured on each of the migration worker machines.
For the person(s) performing the migration process there are two accounts to consider when performing migrations: the Notes ID/account that is being used to access the Notes Migrator (NM) application and the Active Directory account that is logged into the machine being used.
Active Directory Migration Operator Requirements
(PS represents Powershell and ADO represents direct calls to Active Directory):
• Ability to run Exchange Powershell scripts (either remote or local to the workstation) and generally the Exchange roles Organization and Recipient Management. (PS)
• Ability to manipulate user objects, specifically modify the targetAddress, proxyaddresses, mail and msExchPoliciesExcluded attributes. (ADO)
• Ability to delete contact objects created by the directory synchronization process, if applicable. (ADO)
• Ability to update Distribution List member lists. (ADO)
• Ability to create and modify Distribution List objects. (ADO/PS)
• Ability to create and modify Mail Contact objects. (PS)
Lotus Notes Migration Operator ID/Account Requirements:
• Editor with Delete access to the NM application.
• Editor access to all mail files (required during Mail File audit)
• Editor access to the Domino Directory.
• Right to issue console replication commands to Domino Mail and Staging server(s).
• Right to create new replicas on Domino Staging server(s).
• Right to create new databases on Domino Staging server(s).
IMPORTANT: MIGRATIONS MAY FAIL IF THE FOLLOWING STEPS AND UPGRADE PROCESS IS NOT FOLLOWED
If upgrading from a previous release, please read all details of the upgrade process by accessing the posted Upgrade Process document available in the Notes Migrator Upgrade Process Document link.PDF
CRITICAL: The Notes Migrator .nsf database MUST be upgraded. Do not run migrations with an older nsf and upgraded migration workstations.
Delete all existing Outlook MAPI profiles, and create a new Outlook MAPI profile for migration administrator account
New to Notes Migrator 4.6.x, is the support of Microsoft's MAPI over HTTP, the migration engine performs an Autodiscover lookup to identify the target mailbox and create the mail profile.
For this to function properly, all DNS must be completed following Microsoft’s best practices for the O365 tenant. Below is a link to a Microsoft support document for how to create the DNS entries for O365.
For the Autodiscover action performed by the Migration engine, a CNAME record for Autodiscover needs to be created for all primary SMTP domains pointing to the O365 Autodiscover A record.
Copy and paste the following URL for more information
Please read the following KB article for any migration auto discover issues: NM: List of Migration Initialization Failures with Autodiscover Connectivity
© 2021 Quest Software Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Feedback 使用条款 隐私