Installing InTrust Connector for Operations Manager
Step 1: Install InTrust Connector Management Pack
Prior to installing InTrust Connector, you should deploy the specially designed InTrust Connector Management Pack (System.Connectors.Library.InTrustIntegration.xml) on your Operations Manager server. This Management Pack is required for InTrust Connector operation.
To deploy the Management Pack
- In the Operations Manager console, go to the Administration page and select Management Packs.
- Right-click the node and select Import Management Packs. In the Select Management Pack to import dialog box, browse to the System.Connectors.Library.InTrustIntegration.xml file, and click OK. When imported, it appears in the list of Management Packs on the right.
Step 2: Install InTrust Connector
Note: The account under which you run the setup will automatically be added to the InTrust OpsMgr Connector Admins group on the computer where InTrust Connector is installed.
To install InTrust Connector for Operations Manager
- Run the ITC4SCOM.<version>.msi file. The InTrust Connector for Operations Manager Installation Wizard starts.
- Select InTrust Connector for Operations Manager to be installed. Change the installation folder, if necessary.
- On the next step, you will be prompted for the account under which the InTrust Connector service will run, connecting to Operations Manager and InTrust Alert database. Provide the account in DOMAIN\username format.
Make sure the account you supply meets the requirements stated in the Connection to Alert Database and Operations Manager Server topic.
- Review the settings you have specified and complete the wizard. To configure InTrust Connector for Operations Manager immediately after the installation, select the Run configuration wizard now check box.
Installation Using Command Prompt
You can install InTrust Connector for Operations Manager from a command prompt, as shown below:
Msiexec.exe /q[n|b|r|f] /i IT4SCOM.<version>.msi
- /q—specifies the user interface level to be used by the program:
- n—no UI
- b—basic UI
- r—reduced UI
- f—full UI (default)
- IT_SCOM_SVC_USER—specifies the service account name
- IT_SCOM_SVC_PASSWORD—specifies the password of the service account
Installation Using Group Policy
InTrust Connector for Operations Manager can also be installed using Group Policy (administrative installation).
The command prompt for administrative installation looks like this:
Msiexec.exe /A IT4SCOM.<version>.msi
- • IT_SCOM_SVC_USER—specifies the service account name
- • IT_SCOM_SVC_PASSWORD—specifies the password of the service account
Caution: If the InTrust Connector service is installed using Group Policy, it will be run on the target computer under the account specified in that command prompt.