For more information on this topic, please see:
You can use this procedure a scheduled archive.
If you plan to creating an archive to a cloud location, you must first add your cloud account to the Rapid Recovery Core Console. For more information, see Adding a cloud account.
About this task
A scheduled archive is an archive that automatically recurs on the date and time you specify in the wizard. Having the ability to schedule a recurring archive accommodates situations where you would want frequent archives of a machine to be saved, without the inconvenience of needing to manually create the archives each time.
- On the button bar of the Rapid Recovery Core Console, click Archive.
- On the Archive Type page of the wizard, select Continuous archive (by schedule) and click Next.
- On the Location page, select an option from the Location type drop-down list, enter the required information. and click Next.
- On the Machines page of the wizard, select the protected machine or machines you want to archive and click Next.
- On the Schedule page, select one of the following options from the Send data drop-down list:
- Enter the information described based on your selection from the previous step.
- At time: Select the hour of the day you want to create a daily archive.
- At day of week: Select a day of the week on which to automatically create the archive.
- At time: Select the hour of the day you want to create a weekly archive.
- At day of months Select the day of the month on which to automatically create the archive.
- At time Select the hour of the day you want to create a monthly archive.
- Optionally, if you do not want the archive job to begin at the next scheduled time after you complete the wizard, select Pause initial archiving.
NOTE: You may want to pause the scheduled archive if you need time to prepare the target location before archiving resumes. If you do not select this option, archiving begins at the scheduled time.
- Click Next.
- On the Options page for a continuous archive, select one of the recycle actions described in the following:
- Incremental: Lets you add recovery points to an existing archive. It compares recovery points to avoid duplicating data that already exists in the archive.
- Replace this Core: Overwrites any pre-existing archived data pertaining to this core but leaves the data for other cores intact.
- Erase completely: Clears all archived data from the directory before writing the new archive.
- Optionally select Build recovery points chains (fix orphans).
- Click Finish.