Please refer to KB 232102 for details on opening the Databases Administration Dashboard
To create or edit credentials used to access the OS:
- Select a database instance or host from the list.
- Click Set credentials.
The Edit Credentials dialog box opens.
- Click Edit Host Connection Details.
The Edit Credentials dialog box expands to show the connection detail boxes.
- If you want Foglight for DB2 LUW to monitor the instance’s OS, ensure that the Enable OS Monitoring check box is selected.
- If credentials exist in this lockbox or another lockbox, select the credentials.
- Click Select from stored credentials.
The Use Credentials dialog box opens.
- Select a lockbox from the list.
- Select a set of credentials from the list.
- Click Apply.
The Edit Credential boxes display values for the selected credential. The password is masked.
- Otherwise, create credentials by filling in the form.
- Choose an authentication type from the list. The remainder of this example assumes a UNIX (log in cred.) authentication type.
- Type a user name.
- Type a password.
- Type a port number.
- If necessary, select the Use Sudo check box.
- Click Apply.
Foglight for DB2 LUW attempts to connect to the OS. If the credentials are valid, the Save changes button is enabled. Otherwise, correct the credentials.
- When the credentials are valid, click Save changes.
If an IC (Infrastructure Cartridge) agent currently exists, its credentials are updated. Otherwise, a new IC agent is created with the credentials.