Clear the "Allow service to interact with desktop" checkbox for AppAssure Agent Service service, for details: Event ID 7030 — Basic Service Operations
To change the interact with desktop setting:
- Open the Services snap-in by clicking the Start button, Control Panel, and Administrative Tools, then double-clicking Services.
Note: For Windows Vista, use the Classic View display option in Control Panel to see the Administration Tools.
- In the details pane of the Services snap-in, right-click on the name of the service you want to start and select Properties.
- Click the Log On tab and clear the Allow service to interact with desktop checkbox.
- Click OK.
To verify the state in which a service is operating:
- Click the Start button, Run, then type cmd to open a command prompt.
- Type sc interrogate service_name (where service_name is the name of the service) at the command prompt to update the status of that service in Service Control Manager.
- Type sc qc service_name at the command prompt to display the configuration status of the service.
- Type sc queryex service_name at the command prompt to display the extended status of the service. This command will provide the following information about a service: SERVICE_NAME (the service's registry subkey name), TYPE (the type of service, for example, shared process, interactive), STATE (for example, running, paused, and the states that are not available), WIN32_EXIT_CODE (the Windows exit error code), SERVICE_EXIT_CODE (the service exit code), CHECKPOINT, WAIT_HINT (the time period the SCM waits before reporting a service failure), PID (ID of the process running the service), and FLAGS. If the service was started successfully, the WIN32_EXIT_CODE field should contain a zero (0). If the service failed to start when an attempt was made, this field should contain an exit code provided by the service when it could not start.
Type net helpmsg exit_code (where exit_code is the 4 digit number of the error code) at the command prompt to display the meaning of the exit code.
If does not help then see below:
This error may be the result of an inaccessible port configuration. How to change port see KB Change agent ports for server protection
On the agent
- Stop the Agent Service.
- In the registry editor, navigate to HKEY_local_machine>Software>AppRecovery.
- Backup the registry branch.
- Change the following keys:
On the Core
- Navigate to Core Console>Agent>Configuration>Edit.
- Change the port from 8006 to 8011.
- Save the settings.
- If Agent was already protected by the Core also the following port should be changed:
Once the aforementioned steps are completed, restart the Core and Agent Services.
Confirm that the new port is allowed in the Firewall Setup.