Quest® On Demand Recovery
February 20, 2024
On Demand Recovery allows you to backup and restore Microsoft Azure Active Directory and Office® 365 objects with their properties. These objects can be selected in a backup and then restored to Azure Active Directory or Office 365 without affecting other objects or attributes. Using the granular restore, objects that were inadvertently deleted or modified can be recovered in a few minutes.
Key features of On Demand Recovery
- Back up Azure Active Directory and Office 365 users, groups, contacts, service principals, conditional access policies, and device information
On Demand Recovery automatically backs up your directory on a regular basis.
- Granular, selective restore of Azure Active Directory and Office 365 users, groups, service principals, conditional access policies, devices, inactive mailboxes for permanently deleted users
Users, groups, service principals, and devices can be selected in a backup and then restored to Azure Active Directory or Office 365 without affecting other objects or attributes.
- Backup and restore Azure Active Directory B2C users and groups
On Demand Recovery supports Azure Active Directory B2C tenants.
- Restore users or Office 365 groups from the Recycle Bin
Restore users and Office 365 groups that were inadvertently moved to the Recycle Bin.
- Cloud solution: backup snapshots are stored in the cloud
On Demand Recovery does not require to install or maintain any additional software.
- Comparison reporting
This feature lets you view differences between the selected backup and live Azure Active Directory or Office 365 and revert unwanted changes.
- Integration with Recovery Manager for Active Directory
On Demand Recovery can be integrated with Recovery Manager for Active Directory 9.0 or higher to restore on-premises objects that were synchronized with cloud by Azure AD Connect.
These release notes provide information about the On Demand Recovery release.