When a foreign configuration exists, the BIOS screen displays the message Foreign configuration(s) found on adapter . In addition, a foreign configuration is displayed on the right side of the Ctrl Mgmt screen.
You can use the VD Mgmt menu to import the existing configuration to the RAID controller or clear the existing configuration. In addition, you can view the foreign configuration from the Foreign View tab without importing the configuration.form the following steps to import or clear foreign configurations:
- During bootup, press <Ctrl> <R> when prompted by the BIOS screen. The VD Mgmt screen is displayed by default.
- On the VD Mgmt screen, highlight the Controller #.
- Press <F2> to display the available actions.
- Navigate to the Foreign Config option and press the right arrow key to display the available actions:
- NOTE: Ensure that your virtual disk has all the physical disks by verifying that there are no physical disks marked as Missing in the foreign view page and that all the disks appear as expected before importing them.
Select Import to import the foreign configuration or Clear to delete the foreign configuration and then press <Enter>. If you import the configuration, the VD Mgmt screen displays detailed configuration information. It includes information about the disk groups, virtual disks, physical disks, space allocation, and hot spares.