In this module, we will discuss NetVault Backup’s support for virtual machines running in a VMware environment, protecting data stored on NAS storage using NDMP, and the backup and recovery of data in supported cluster environments. We will also cover the settings available for tailoring NetVault’s operation, the NetVault Command Line Interface, and troubleshooting tips and best practices that have been provided by Quest Software’s Technical Support organization.
After completing the entire series, you will have received detailed instructions on NetVault Backup implementation and administration skills, basic troubleshooting techniques, and best practices.
This course is offered as a web-based training course with simulated labs.
This course has the following course objectives:
• VMware Plug-in support for protecting VMware based virtual machines.
• Key NDMP concepts, data transfer models and major data protection features.
• Creating and managing a NetVault Virtual Client.
• Using cluster-aware plugins to protect shared data in supported clustered environments.
• Customizing NetVault settings to modify default behavior and tailor the systems operation.
• NetVault Backup’s Command Line Interface (CLI) syntax and usage.
• NetVault Backup troubleshooting tips and addressing the most commonly reported issues.