Please see Administration Module 2-Basic Operation of NetVault Backup-Web-based Training
This is the second module in a four part NetVault Backup administration course series designed to instruct students on the essentials of deploying, configuring, and operating NetVault Backup in their environment. In this module, we will discuss the features and functions that are most widely used for the daily administration of data protection tasks in a NetVault Backup domain. In addition, best practices for planning a backup and recovery strategy will be presented.
After completing the entire series, you will have received detailed instructions on NetVault Backup implementation and administration skills, basic troubleshooting techniques, and best practices.
This course is offered as a web-based training course with simulated labs.
This course has the following course objectives:
• Planning a backup and recovery strategy.
• Understanding the major backup job types and their functions.
• Defining a backup job using the file system plug-in.
• Creating and managing the sets used by all NetVault Backup jobs.
• Understanding the usage, creation and management of a backup policy.
• Understanding the options available for restoring data.
• Working with the job management functions of NetVault Backup’s web-based UI.
• Provide an overview of NetVault Backup’s reporting capabilities