1. Uninstall Essentials and remove Java updates not needed
2. Download and install the latest JRE desired
3. Go to C:\Program Files\Java and copy the JRE folder, it should look like jre1.8.0_221
4. Rename this JRE folder to jre and zip it, the new zip file should be named framework8-64
-The structure should look like this framework8-64.zip as the zip file and inside this, a folder called jre with the content that was copied
5. Download Essentials from our support portal
6. Extract the content of hmEssentialsSetup64-offline.zip
7. Delete the framework8-64.zip folder inside the hmEssentialsSetup64-offline folder and replace it with the previously created one containing the latest JRE version
8. Run the installer using hmEssentialsSetup64-offline.exe
This should install Essentials using the last jre version.
For future updates.
1. Close Essentials completely
2. Go to C:\Program Files\Quest\Essentials and replace the jre folder with the latest jre folder located on C:\Program Files\Java
Please keep in mind the JRE folder under C:\Program Files\Quest\Essentials is hidden so you will need to check to see hidden folder and file