Obtener ayuda en vivo
Complete guide to uninstalling and reinstalling Toad for Oracle.
Refer to the attached file, Sol12846.swf, to view a short flash file that will walk you through the following steps.
****WARNING - THIS CAN DELETE TOAD FOLDER/FILES. PLEASE BACK-UP WHERE NECESSARY****
These are the folders that users might want to save before completely uninstalling Toad:
Toad application data (settings) folder
-CONNECTIONS.INI (This file contains a history of connection entries)
-CONNECTIONSPWD.INI (This file contains the connection history passwords)
-TOAD.INI (This file contains Toad Option settings)
-TOADActions.DAT (This file contains automation scripts for scheduled jobs)
-SAVEDSQL.DAT* (This file contains personal/named sql, and a history of SQL statements)
*NOTE: Toad for Oracle 9.5 or older will reference SAVEDSQL.XML as the SQL History file.
To uninstall Toad for Oracle version 9.0 and lower:
1. Go to the Toad Start Menu, and click the "Uninstall TOAD" shortcut.
2. Use the Option "Custom" uninstall.
3. Click the "Select All" button to select all files to be removed, then click "Next" button.
4. Several more similar screens will appear. Do the same on all of them.
5. Continue until you reach the "Finish" button, then click it.
6. Verify that there are no Toad Folders and Shortcut items left in your computer (perform a Search/Find on "Toad").
7. Select Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs, and make sure that Formatter Plus is not in there. Click "Remove" if you see any.
8. Restart your computer if it's okay to do so (recommended).
To uninstall Toad for Oracle version 9.1:
1. Run Toad installation program. It will detect the version already exists and will allow to remove the application.
2. Select Start | Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs, select Toad for Oracle entry and select "Remove". Perform the following for SQL Tuning and Knowledge Xpert entries if found.
3. Verify that there are no Toad for Oracle Folders and Shortcut items left in your computer.
4. Enter "Regedit" in Start | Run command prompt.
5. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | Software | Quest Software | TOAD or Toad for Oracle | Toad 9.1.0, right-click on it, select "Rename" option and rename it Toad 9.1OLD.
6. Restart your computer.
****WARNING: Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that can damage the operating system and the software installed. Quest cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.****
To uninstall Toad for Oracle version 9.5-11.5:
1. Select Start | All Programs | Quest Installer and run Quest Installer.
2. Select Uninstall a Product option.
3. Check the check boxes for Toad and all it's components.
4. Hit next to uninstall.
5. Verify that there are no Toad for Oracle Folders and Shortcut items left in your computer.
To uninstall Toad for Oracle version 11.6 and higher:
1. Select Start | Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs.
2. Select Toad for Oracle entry and select "Remove".
3. Verify that there are no Toad for Oracle application data folders, Program Files folders, or Shortcut items left in your computer.
======Uninstall is finished=======
Download a new installer file of Toad for Oracle from the Support Portal's Download page.
Once the Toad for Oracle installation is downloaded, refer to the Toad Getting Started or the Installation Guides to install the application. The They will provide you with step by step details to install Toad for Oracle. These guides can be downloaded on the Support Portal's Documentation page.
Applies to various version of Toad for Oracle.
© 2023 Quest Software Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Feedback Términos de uso Privacidad Cookie Preference Center