About product improvement program
- No personal information is collected
- You can stop participating at any time
To initiate participation in Product Improvement Program
Select View | Preferences | Feedback | Product Improvement Program and select Yes, I want to participate
To cancel participation in Product Improvement Program
Select View | Preferences | Feedback | Product Improvement Program and select No, thank you
The following subsections describe the various user interfaces used by Toad Edge®.
All of your existing connections can be found in this view. You can edit or delete them as well as add new ones.
To create a new connection
- Click New Connection or click Connect in application toolbar and select New Connection
- Select your Database Platform
- Fill in the Connection Settings. You can Test Connection before you actually create it to see whether Toad Edge is able to connect to your database successfully
- Optionally, check Custom connection string and edit it
- Adjust your new Connection Details, such as name, color, and Autocommit.
- Optionally, enter your secure connection details:
- In SSL Authentication click Enable SSL and enter paths or click browse to set your Certificate authority file, Certification file and Key file
- In SSH Authentication click Enable SSH and set your SSH connection details. Optionally, enable Certificate Authorization and enter the path to your certificate and your passphrase
- Click Finish to save the connection
||Link with Editor
||If enabled, bringing a window (Worksheet, Object Detail and Describe Object...) into focus will highlight the window in Connections View and selecting the window in Connections view will bring it into focus|
||Displays a dialog where you can create a new connection as described above|
||Connects the selected connection|
||Disconnects the selected connection|
To create like connection
- Right-click any connection in Connections and select Copy Connection to use its settings to create a similar database connection
Existing connections, connection drivers and performance settings can be configured in this dialog.
A search bar now can be used to find a specific connection.
To configure a connection
- Right-click any connection in Connections and select Properties
||This tab contains connection settings identical to those that are set when a connection is created|
You can set the following options here:
- Connection name - Add a custom name for your connection
- Connection color - Select a color for your connection
- Description - Add a custom description
- AutoCommit - Check to enable Autocommit feature for the conection
- Restore previous work after login - Automatically restores the previous Toad Edge session
Enable SSL and enter paths or click browse to set your Certificate authority file, Certification file and Key file |
Enable SSH and set your SSH connection details. Optionally, enable Certificate Authorization and enter the path to your certificate and your passphrase |
||You can choose which available JDBC driver should be used by the connection. Add a new driver, Remove a selected driver. Click Suggest to let Toad Edge decide which driver is the most appropriate for you|
||This tab contains settings which determine the performance of the connection by loading objects in Object Explorer in a specific way. Click Auto Configure to let Toad Edge decide for you|