Quest® On Demand Recovery cloud application lets you perform the following operations:
- Back up Azure Active Directory and Office 365 users, groups, contacts, service principals, device information, Conditional Access policies, navigation properties, and Application Proxy settings.
- Support for Azure Active Directory B2C tenants.
- Restore Azure Active Directory and Office 365 users, groups, service principals, devices, Conditional Access policies, inactive mailboxes for permanently deleted users, and application proxy settings. The application can process two types of Office 365 groups: Office 365 groups and Security groups. Group membership and ownership is restored for both types of groups.
- Back up and restore multifactor authentication settings.
- View differences between the selected backup and live Azure Active Directory or Office 365 and revert unwanted changes in the Differences report.
- Configure integration with Quest Recovery Manager for Active Directory to restore on-premises Active Directory objects.
The objects can be selected in a backup and then restored to Azure Active Directory or Office 365 without affecting other objects or attributes. Using the granular restore, objects that were accidentally deleted or modified can be recovered in a few minutes.
On Demand Recovery can be started from Quest On Demand single SaaS command point. For more information about Quest On Demand, see the Quest On Demand product documentation.
To access On Demand, you need to provide On Demand credentials or use your existing Quest Software account. For more details, see Signing up for Quest On Demand.
For more information about Quest On Demand Recovery for Teams, see the Quest On Demand Recovery for Teams User Guide.
The following sections describe how to configure and work with On Demand Recovery:
- Before you start
- On Demand Recovery console overview
- Sign up for Quest On Demand
- Required permissions
- Adding an Azure Active Directory tenant
- Office 365 tenant requirements (Mailbox Data Protection)
- Access control
- Working with On Demand Recovery
- Backup unpacking
- Which objects can be restored from the Recycle Bin?
- Restoring assigned users
- Restoring groups
- Restoring service principal objects
- Restoring Application Proxy settings
- Restoring multifactor authentication settings
- Restoring group licenses
- Restoring devices
- Restoring Conditional Access policies
- Restoring email address/phone for self-service password reset
- Integration with Recovery Manager for Active Directory
- Hybrid Connection widget
- Working with inactive mailboxes
- Hybrid connection port and protocol requirements
- Advanced search
- How does On Demand Recovery handle object attributes?