Migrate and Archive
Metalogix Email Migrator migrates legacy email archives using the multi-award winning Metalogix migration engine. Migrator is unobtrusive with nothing installed on the target, Exchange or source servers and can run as a background process, making it effectively invisible to the end-user of the legacy archive or live email system. Migrator is based on technologies used in Metalogix Content Matrix and Archive Manager two of the most used and trusted SharePoint migration and Exchange archiving technologies available today.
Metalogix Email Migrator mitigates the risk and complexity of standard archive migration methods and provides a permanent chain of custody for legal compliance. Corporate email users require a dedicated archiving solution to meet ever growing compliance needs and manage large amounts of sensitive company information. A direct source to target migration provides organizations with a tamper-proof, high-speed flow of content whilst maintaining the necessary chain-of-custody for every item migrated. Results are summarized and presented in a post-migration audit log.
Metalogix Email Migrator can be effortlessly backed-up, managed and monitored through the whole archive migration process. Multi-threaded migration tasks can be carried out in parallel on different servers, which improves migration speed whilst maintaining data integrity. The asynchronous migration architecture reduces the classic transfer bottlenecks and advanced scanning calculates the migration process for each archived item between the source and target.
Legacy Archive Migration
There are number of key factors that need to be considered when migration from existing email archiving solutions. Metalogix Email Migrator carries out the email archive migration process while allowing end users continued access to important legacy email. The award winning migration tool guarantees high-performance and processes a wide range of granular criteria. Email is copied straight from the archived source and written directly into Archive Manager and shortcuts are converted on the fly. Administrators can instantly take advantage of the latest Archive Manager feature set including advanced storage management and mixed environment control.
Before performing the migration we recommend filling in the Email Migrator Checklist - handy simple table for relevant details of your environment crucial for successful migration (see here).
In This Section
Email Migrator can be installed anywhere in the domain where the migration will take place.
• Windows 7 and Windows 8 (x86 and x64)
• Windows Server 2008 R2 and later
• Windows 8.1 (x86 and x64)
• Windows 10 (x86 and x64)
• .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (included in the package setup file)
• .NET Framework 4.5 Full (included in the package setup file)
• Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and later
• PowerShell 3.0 (It is already integrated with Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012; it needs to be installed on Windows 7 SP1, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1)
|• Outlook: - required only with Exchange 2003 SP2|
|- optional with later Exchange Servers|
|- when installed, it is recommended to be of the same bitness as the OS bitness|
• RAM: - min. 16 GB (32 GB recommended) for big migrations
.NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and PowerShell 3.0 (in case of Exchange 2003 environment) are deployed when you run the installation using the Metalogix Email Migrator Installer_package.exe file. The significantly smaller Metalogix Archive Installer.exe setup does not contain these prerequisites.
Be sure to have EmailXtender UnPackContainer utility installed on EmailXtender machine (usually in "C:\Program Files (x86)\OTG\EmailXtender\bin\utils" folder).
Minimal UnPackContainer.exe version necessary for migration is UnPackContainer.exe version 2.8.
Email Migrator can be installed using either the small installation file (Metalogix Email Migrator Installer_X.X.X.exe) or bigger one (Metalogix Email Migrator Installer_X.X.X_package.exe). The bigger package file contains also additional necessary prerequisites so it is suitable for first installation.
The additional prerequisite included in the package is .NET Framework 4.5.
1. Copy the Metalogix Email Migrator Installer_X.X.X.exe file to the machine where the Email Migrator should be installed on.
2. Close all other open applications, including Internet Explorer.
3. Open Windows Explorer to the folder containing the Metalogix Email Migrator Installer file. Double-click the Metalogix Email Migrator Installer_X.X.X.exe to start the installation process. Because this installer requires an elevated set of permissions to run, if you do not have the required permissions a message opens informing you that elevated permissions are required. To run the installer with these elevated permissions, select the installer file, right-click and select the Run as administrator option.
4. The Metalogix Email Migrator InstallShield Wizard opens. In the initial dialog click Next to continue.
5. The License Agreement opens. Read through the License Agreement. If you agree to the terms of the license agreement, click the I accept of the license agreement radio button. Then click Next to continue.
There is also a Print button on this screen if users would like to have a hard copy of the license agreement.
If you do not agree to the terms of the license agreement, click the I do not accept the terms of the license agreement option, and the installation will be canceled.
6. If desired, in the new dialog change the installation directory or just click Next.
7. Now click the Install button to run the installation process.
8. The installation process will run, and the Email Migrator will be installed.
9. Once the installation process has been completed, click Finish to exit the InstallShield Wizard. If the Run Email Migrator check-box is selected, the product console (64-bit version) is launched for you.
10.When launching the Email Migrator for the first time, a prompt is displayed to specify database where migration metadata will be stored. Select the SQL Server that the Migration Database should be created on, and then either type the name of the Database or choose it from the 'Browse' window. Then enter the User credentials that you want to use to access the Migration Database.
© 2020 Quest Software Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Feedback 使用条款 隐私