Please refer to the documentation included with the installation package for further details.
The configuration scenario requires the following conditions:
- Replicator must be enabled on both corporateserver and branchoffice.
- Replication servers between the web applications at http://corporateserver:80 (the Corporate Portal located at the Corporate Office) and http://branchoffice:80 (the same portal located at the Branch Office) must be established to define the communication path between the two servers.
No replication occurs until the replication maps and child maps are created in later steps.
- Enable Replicator on corporateserver.
- Enable Replicator on branchoffice.
- Create a replication server on corporateserver to communicate with http://branchoffice:80.
- Create a replication server on branchoffice to communicate with http://corporateserver:80.
Enabling the full web application for replication sets up the replication map for the web application and determines the direction of the replication. In this case, we are configuring uni-directional replication. This step allows us to create replication maps that include all site collections and sites that are child objects of the web application.
To configure replication for this web application and all its child objects, please do the following:
- On corporateserver, click Central Administration > Application Management > Syntergy Replicator > Web Application Replication Settings.
- Select Enable Full Web Application. The greyed out buttons below become available.
- Clear Two-Way Replication.
- Click Add under Remote Servers. Add becomes unavailable and the http://branchoffice Remote Server Connection is added to the replication map.
- Click Add Child Maps near the top of the page after all other settings have been entered. Adding child maps adds all child objects for this web application including site collections and sites.
- Click OK.
The replication from http://corporateserver:80 to http://branchoffice:80 begins.