To set up App Licensing Management for Android devices in the KACE Cloud MDM, please follow the process detailed in the video and accompanying steps below.
App License Management
To set up KACE Cloud management of apps in Google Play Group Licensing, you will need to link your Managed Google Play Organization with KACE Cloud Mobile Device Manager.
In KACE Cloud MDM, go to Settings > Android Settings then click Enroll.
The sign-up process on Google Play will differ based on whether or not you’ve previously created an organization. The following are enrollment requirements:
- The account cannot be a G Suite account.
- The same account must be used for the Managed Play Store account and the Google Play Developer account .
Once the sign-up process is complete, your Managed Google Play Organization Details will be connected and accessible in KACE Cloud MDM.
- Select the Devices tab in top navigation.
- Select a device.
- In the right panel, select Apps.
- Click Add New.
- Select an app from the library, import from store, or upload from your machine.
- Click Install on Device.
View Available Licenses
For all apps
- Select the Settings tab in top navigation.
- Select Android Settings
An admin can view all available licenses in the Managed Google Play Organization Detailssection.
For individual apps
- Select the Library tab in top navigation.
- Select the Apps library.
- Select an app.
- In the right panel, see the Licenses section.
Sync Group Licenses
KACE Cloud MDM updates licensing information automatically each night. If an admin uploads additional apps and would like to update KACE Cloud MDM before the nightly update, they can force a sync.
- Select the Settings tab in the top navigation.
- In the left panel, click Android Settings.
- Click Sync Group Licenses.
Updated license details can then be viewed immediately on the settings page, in the App Library list, or in an individual app's details section.
- Select the Users tab in the top navigation.
- Select a user.
- In the right panel, locate the Licensed Apps section.
- Select an app, then click Reclaim License.
- Click Confirm.
The license will be reclaimed and the available license count will be reflected in the Licenses column under Library > Apps.
See Android Enrollment and App Management for Android.