Foglight for SQL Server Business Intelligence (BI) offers deep analysis monitoring solutions for SQL Server BI services: Reporting services, Integration services and Analysis services.
Integration relies on monitoring the instances hosting the Integration databases before installing the integration agents.
The same user monitoring the SQL Server database engine must be used to monitor the Integration Services.
The login ID used to monitor the Integration Service must be a user on the SSISDB database. This user ID is created while applying the "Grant permissions" script.
The ID used to monitor the Integration Services on the database needs to have:
- the ssis_admin role in order to gather all needed information for its collections.
- the db_datareader role on the SSISDB database.
To configure IS monitoring:
- Click Monitor.
- Select the instance from the list of monitored instances.
- Select whether you want to generate the name automatically.
The default name of an Integration Service agent is _. The repository name for SSIS is always SSISDB.
- To enable monitoring the Integration Service, provide the OS relevant credentials under "Integration Service Account":
- The name of the underlined host on which the service run.
In the case of a clustered SQL server, identify only the primary server. When a failover occurs the event might fail running packages and is treated as an availability alarm.
- The username and password allowed to view the service activity and performance counters.
Stored credentials could be used instead of supplying username and password manually.
- Click Monitor.
The following video details the installation process