You want to install vWorkspace Web-It on a new server, for example when upgrading the Windows operating system version, but still retain the existing configuration. Is there a simple way to achieve this?
The following steps outline the simplest method:
1. install your new windows server operating system with the IIS role
2. install the vWorkspace 7.2 Web-IT role, and any other features you require.
3. if required in your environment install an applicable updates, such as vWorkspace Maintenance Release 1
4. on your existing vWorkspace Web-IT server open Windows Explorer
5. browse to the location C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Provision\web-it\conf and copy all the files
6. on your new Windows server place the copied files in the same location, C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Provision\web-it\conf, over-writing the existing files.
With the above steps completed you will have a new Web-IT server that is configured in the same way as the existing one, all configuration settings are held in the conf files that you copied.
It is important to copy only the files from, C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Provision\web-it\conf, and not the whole Conf folder itself as this will disrupt the permissions structure.