Before migrating the VDI from one Datastore to another, please perform the following
NOTE: Performing these steps will remove any persistently assigned user/device settings. Please document any configuration before implementing these changes. Always test in a Non-Production environment before making any changes to your production servers. If you have any questions regarding the below, please contact Quest Support.
1. From the vWorkspace Management Console, right click on a test VDI and select “Delete”
2. Ensure that all option boxes are NOT enabled, and click Ok
a. Removing the VDI from the vWorkspace Management Console removes some vWorkspace registry keys from the VDI so it can be imported back into the console at a later time.
3. Perform any maintenance on the VDI location
4. Once you are ready to re-import the VDI, open the vWorkspace Management Console and locate the Desktop Group where the VDIs will be imported to.
5. Select “Actions” | “Import/Re-sync Computers into Group”
6. Locate and import the VDI from the new Datastore