When deploying a Rapid Clone from the vWorkspace Management Console, the error “Action = unknown action, ERROR: CHyperV::scvmmCreateVmUsingDiffDisk: No host found for template X The Network location X associated with the virtual machine X does not exist on the host X” is displayed.
This can occur if the Virtual Network Adapter specified for the Parent Template does not exist on the Hyper-V Host.
To resolve this issue perform the following (Note the below was performed on SCVMM 2008 R2 SP1)
1. Open the SCVMM Virtual Machine Manager
2. Select the “Library” tab on the left bottom corner of the Virtual Machine Manager window
3. Find and Right Click on the Parent Template and select “Properties”
4. Select the “Hardware Configuration” tab
5. Select the “Network Adapter”
6. For the Network Adapter, note the “Network Location” and Physical Network Adapter the template is connected to
7. Close the Template Properties window
The vWorkspace Connection Broker Log file might show the following: