When re-provisioning computers the following error may be seen:
Disk deployment blocked due to HyperDeploy by Host: hyper-v servername
This issue can occur when using multiple hyper-v servers with clustered storage.
When a template is imported or updated in vWorkspace and a new computer created; a copy of the VHD is taken to be used as the parent VHD (hypercache copy).
With clustered storage the location where the parent VHD is stored is shared between all hosts. This can cause a conflict if all hosts try to save to the same location at the same time.
To avoid this issue the following steps need to be performed:
1. Turn on the (master) Parent VM
2. Shut it down again
3. In vWorkspace Management Console, deploy 1 VM using the updated Parent Vm.
4. Make a note of the HyperV Host it is deployed to
5. Look at the HyperCache tab for that Hyper-V host in the vWorkspace console and wait until the copy is complete.
6. Once the copy is complete, do a reprovision on one of the old VMs using the new template.